Adventurous Laura!

Early in the morning everyone was drowsy and exhausted. It was the day I was going to Samoa! We drove to the Airport and sorted out our luggage. As I was walking I glanced in the air and saw a big plane hanging from the sky.

My Family and I came early so we sat and waited until it was time to go. There was a big entrance that we would go into. It was time to go so we pulled our luggage handles up and zoomed off to catch the plane. There were heaps of seats.

We sat in our booked seats and had little TV’s in front of us! The plane started to rumble. My Grandma was go glum and I could tell she was hoping her prayers would answer her.

We were given free headphones so we wouldn’t distract Passengers from sleeping or relaxing. I played some music and watched movies with my headphones on while drinking my delightful apple juice.

Then I had a little sleep and was awoken with hot cakes in front of me! With my stomach full I drank up my apple juice and laid myself back on my chair, relaxed hoping this would end soon. I felt nauseous and sick.

But luckily I saw a nearby land and I just knew we were arriving in Samoa very soon. I was ecstatic inside I couldn’t wait to see the other side of my family! We went in the airport looking everywhere for my uncle who was picking us up.

We hopped in their modern car and gave lots of compliments about it. We drove and  parked to wait for the ship to come and pick us up. We waited and waited. The ship finally arrived when darkness started to appear.

We gave our tickets that we purchased and went in along with the car. It took 3 hours. We gave my family members food for some fuel. I would hear the ocean breeze and feel it sway and feel it pushing it against us.

I saw light and shouted with despair meaning everyone was too cozy and sleepy. Our car came off the ship and took us another three hours to arrive to our destination and it was already pitch black.

We saw cows running away from their homes like maniacs, almost hitting one. I saw familiar people from our village going for a night stroll knowing we were close to home.  Kids began crowding our car as we parked into the garage.

Younger kids I last saw when they were babies were questioning who I was. Answering them My eye caught one of my favourite people in Samoa.  My Great-Grandpa and Grandma! They were very delighted to see me.

I went inside and ate salty sea grapes, pork soup that I drizzled at and a loaf of bread that was perfectly cut and was spread with butter. I enjoyed eating and there were 2 more days until my Great-Grandma and Grandpas birthday celebration.

I finished eating and hopped into my bed. I made myself comfy and went to sleep. When I woke up, all the children had already eaten. I got ready and went and sat down to eat eggs on a slice of bread.

In the evening we went for a stroll to a nearby beach. The water was clear blue and It was just my family there. I heard the crashing waves. We finished and went to a pool in another village to wash all the sand off our body.

2 days had pass by it was my Great-Grandma and Grandpa’s birthday today! We all wore our matching merchandise for the family and it had a picture of them. I chuckled because they put in a green screen of a royal chair for my Great-Grandma.

We celebrated with two cakes representing them. We hit off some music so we could dance to it. I helped my cousin with his live on Facebook. We went to feed some chickens and tried to open old coconuts on the floor.

We continued staying in Samoa and playing fun games with cousins and relatives!

(My Dearest Family)