Ki Orahi Tournament!

On the 13th of June it was Ki Orahi. When it was morning tea we were put in our houses getting ready for the rounds. The groups were named Kauri, Totara, Rata, and Rimu. I was in Kauri where I had the fastest people. We were up in the first round and we were up against Rata. Our goal was to hit the tupu and sometimes we would switch sides.

We won on the round and we were cheering with excitement. After lots of rounds it was time for lunchtime. We ate under the canopy enjoying our food while talking with others. We got some time to play on the playground and on the field. When the bell rang we had another round which was the second to last. We had some people cheering us up which hyped everyone.

My team prayed before we went to play to give us good luck and hope. I tried my hardest to play, along with others on my team. We were now playing against Rimu.  We had lots of points and had more than the other team and I doubt that we were gonna win. When the game ended we were sent into the canopy to announce the winners.

The host, which was our coach came to announce the winners. I crossed my toes and my fingers hoped my team would win. The team who came 3rd was Rimu and Rata and 2nd was Totara and the 1st was Kauri! Inside I was so happy and proud of my team. I would like to experience this game again.

This is an example of our Tournament.